Charge Nurse, Full-time (External)
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position Title: Charge Nurse, Full-time
Work schedule: 8 and 12 hours shifts, weekdays/weekends
Sisters of Providence, Providence Motherhouse
Providence Motherhouse is a faith based private residence for the Sisters of Providence providing care and services for the Sisters. We are committed to delivering exceptional care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of an aging population. Our qualified and highly trained workforce is united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of care and services for the Sisters of Providence.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Charge Nurse will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Geriatric Care and Long Term Care Standards and Sisters of Providence Standards.
- To fulfil the role of Charge Nurse, supervising and managing care to the extent of her scope of practice, as per CNO standards.
- Ensure Sister care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of Sisters. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing Sisters and develop, implement, review and evaluate Sister care plans. Monitor Sisters’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referrals; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance evaluations and refers problems to the Director of Care. Maintain and work within a collective agreement in scheduling staff.
- Take charge of the Nursing Units in the absence of the Director of Care.
- Staff replacement in the absence of the RPN.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with Sisters in a faith based organization.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’ and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Reference ID: 2021-14