Housekeeper 1, Full-time (Internal/External)
Internal/External Job Posting
Position Title: Housekeeper 1
Employer: Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul, Kingston Ontario
Work schedule: Full-time, 8-hour shifts
Bargaining Unit: LiUNA 3000
Under the direction of the Manager, Housekeeping Services, the Housekeeper performs all housekeeping duties to the highest standards. Works as part of a team to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely fashion. Operates in a professional, courteous and respectful manner at all times with Sisters, Staff and any contact within the Motherhouse. Demonstrates sound knowledge of best practice cleaning techniques
Qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and cover letter to HR@providence.ca quoting ‘Housekeeper I, FT, Ref. 2021-40’ in the subject line. Application deadline is Friday, May 20, 2022.
- Performs all cleaning and housekeeping duties as required using appropriate cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Clean bedrooms. dining areas, offices, elevators, chapel, meeting rooms and common areas
- Change linen in bedrooms and guest rooms as required
- Clean all washrooms and maintain supplies of paper products, soap etc.
- Clean wheelchairs and walkers once a month
- Dust mop and wash floors
- Dust and polish furniture
- Houseclean rooms completely as directed by the Manager
- Report any unsafe equipment or conditions to Manager
- Clean Providence Spirituality Centre as required
- Houseclean Sisters’ Cottage semi-annually on a rotating basis
- Wash windows, inside & out, screens and tracks annually or as required
- Safe operation and sound knowledge of all equipment
- Clean, polish, and finish (Wax) floors
- Keep equipment and personal cart clean
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including all safety rules.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma; Proven housekeeping experience working in a health care environment or other applicable institution type setting; able to meet the physical demands of the position; knowledge of typical cleaning procedures, and safe and proper use of cleaning equipment; understanding of health and safety requirements in a safety sensitive position; able to exercise good judgment and have good verbal and written communication skills, both written and verbal. Must provide a CPIC with Vulnerable Screening included and proof of Enhanced Vaccination including any booster dose(s).
For more information about Sisters of Providence, please visit: www.providence.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.