Personal Support Worker (PSW), Casual (External)
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position Title: Personal Support Worker
Job Type: Casual
Work schedule: 8 and 12 hour shifts, weekdays/weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: LiUNA 3000
Under the direction of the Registered Practical Nurse, (RPN) the Personal Support Worker provides personal care to Sisters and reports any changes/concerns in their well-being to the registered nursing staff.
Qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and cover letter to HR@providence.ca quoting ‘Personal Support Worker’ in the subject line.
Reference ID: 2021-23
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
- Informs the Sisters that she is caring for them and will keep them informed of social activities, appointments, Mass, bath times, etc.
- Encourages participation in social activities and special events.
- Perform safety checks hourly or more frequently if required for the Sisters safety.
- Will work together with coworkers as a team and will answer all call bells promptly, and provide any care required.
- Instill eye drops/ointments, treatment creams after completing an education program and a successful return demonstration on safe and proper techniques.
- Utilize quiet time appropriately, by ambulating, visiting and/or reading to the Sisters, etc.
- Accompany Sisters to outside appointments if required and as requested.
- Keep updated on any changes in care or the condition of a Sisters health by reading the Inter-shift communication sheets.
- Listen to reports, accepts assignment and clarifies any questions regarding care with the Nurse in Charge.
- Utilize effective communication skills and allows the Sisters to be involved in their care decisions when possible and where appropriate.
Education & Experience:
- Personal Support Worker Certificate from an accredited school.
- Ability to provide the highest quality of care to the Sisters’.
- Ability to work as an effective member of the nursing team.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses an interest in continued learning, developing new skills and nursing techniques.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Acceptable CPIC.
- Satisfactory References.
- Ability to work 8 and 12 hour shifts.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.