Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Providence Motherhouse is a faith based work environment owned and operated by the Sister of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul. Respect for and the ability to work within this environment is essential.
Under the direction of the Registered Practical Nurse, the Personal Support Worker provides personal care to Sisters and reports any changes/concerns in their well-being to the registered nursing staff.
Job Type / Category
- Informs the Sisters that she is caring for them and will keep them informed of social activities, appointments, Mass, bath times, etc.
- Encourages participation in social activities and special events.
- Perform safety checks hourly or more frequently if required for the Sisters safety.
- Will work together with coworkers as a team and will answer all call bells promptly, and provide any care required.
- Instill eye drops/ointments, treatment creams after completing an education program and a successful return demonstration on safe and proper techniques.
- Utilize quiet time appropriately, by ambulating, visiting and/or reading to the Sisters, etc.
- Accompany Sisters to outside appointments if required and as requested.
- Keep updated on any changes in care or the condition of a Sisters health by reading the Inter-shift communication sheets.
- Listen to reports, accepts assignment and clarifies any questions regarding care with the Nurse in Charge.
- Utilize effective communication skills and allows the Sisters to be involved in their care decisions when possible and where appropriate.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Personal Support Worker Certificate from an accredited school.
- Ability to provide the highest quality of care to the Sisters’.
- Ability to work as an effective member of the nursing team.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses an interest in continued learning, developing new skills and nursing techniques.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Acceptable CPIC.
- Satisfactory References.
- Ability to work 8 and/or 12 hour shifts.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a letter of application by email to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.