Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), Full time, Nights (External)
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position Title: Registered Practical Nurse
Job Type: Full-time, Nights
Work schedule: 8 and 12 hours shifts, weekdays/weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: LiUNA 3000
REVISED COMPENSATION - This position will include additional compensation in the amount of $3.00 per hour on top of the base rate. The Registered Practical Nurse provides holistic care to all Sisters residing in Providence Motherhouse under the direction of the Director of Care, acting as a team leader within an interdisciplinary team according to the Standards of Practices of the College of Nurses of Ontario. Providence Motherhouse is a faith-based work environment owned and operated by the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul. Respect for and the ability to work within this environment is essential.
Education & Experience: Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participate in Care Conferences with the Sisters, their advocates, Sister Coordinator, Director of Care, and other members of the care team.
- Be actively involved in developing and implementing individualized Care Plans for all of the Sisters currently receiving nursing care.
- Ability to support positive team building by collaborating with co-workers and using effective communication skills to promote positive working relationships and active problem solving within the care team.
- Demonstrated ability to complete all tasks related to the safe and accurate administration and delivery of medications and treatments to Sisters while maintaining complete and accurate applicable documentation.
- Current registration with no restrictions from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Academic and clinical experience in the area of Advanced Wound Care from an accredited institution.
- One year of professional nursing experience within a Geriatric or Rehabilitation setting preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team, and lead the team when directed to do so by the Director of Care.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution within the nursing team.
- Possesses an interest in learning and developing new skills and nursing techniques.
- Ability to work 8 and 12 hours shifts.
- Availability to work all shifts as posted.
- Acceptable CPIC.
- Satisfactory References.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and cover letter to HR@providence.ca quoting ‘Registered Practical Nurse’ in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.