Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), Full-time
The Registered Practical Nurse provides holistic care to all Sisters residing in Providence Motherhouse under the direction of the Director of Care, acting as a team leader within an interdisciplinary team according to the Standards of Practices of the College of Nurses of Ontario. Providence Motherhouse is a faith-based work environment owned and operated by the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul. Respect for and the ability to work within this environment is essential.
Education & Experience: Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participate in Care Conferences with the Sisters, their advocates, Sister Coordinator, Director of Care, and other members of the care team.
- Be actively involved in developing and implementing individualized Care Plans for all of the Sisters currently receiving nursing care.
- Ability to support positive team building by collaborating with co-workers and using effective communication skills to promote positive working relationships and active problem solving within the care team.
- Demonstrated ability to complete all tasks related to the safe and accurate administration and delivery of medications and treatments to Sisters while maintaining complete and accurate applicable documentation.
- Current registration with no restrictions from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- One year of professional nursing experience within a Geriatric or Rehabilitation setting preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team, and lead the team when directed to do so by the Director of Care.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution within the nursing team.
- Possesses an interest in learning and developing new skills and nursing techniques.
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts.
- Availability to work all shifts as posted.
- Acceptable CPIC.
- Satisfactory References.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a letter of application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.