Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul Motherhouse
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position Title: Registered Practical Nurse
Job Type: Part-time (.50 FTE)
Location: Providence Motherhouse, 1200 Princess Street, Kingston, Ontario
Work schedule: 12-hour shifts, weekdays/weekends
Available Positions: 2
Union/Bargaining Unit: LiUNA 3000
Compensation: $28.69 – 32.50/hour (2023)
The Registered Practical Nurse provides holistic care to all Sisters residing in the Providence Motherhouse under the direction of the Director of Care, acting as a team leader within an interdisciplinary team according to the Standards of Practices of the College of Nurses of Ontario. Providence Motherhouse is a faith-based work environment owned and operated by the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul. Respect for and the ability to work within this environment is essential.
About the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul and the Providence Motherhouse
The Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul are a congregation of Roman Catholic women founded in Kingston, Ontario on December 13, 1861. Providence Motherhouse at 1200 Princess Street is the home of the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul and the administrative centre for the congregation and its ministries. It is also a home to members of the Congregation of Notre Dame and the Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph.
Providence Motherhouse Staff Mission Statement
We, the staff of Providence Motherhouse, are inspired by the compassion, courage and trust in Providence of the original founders of the congregation and we identify with their spirit and values.
We commit ourselves in collaboration with the Sisters of Providence, to meet the challenge of the workplace by sharing our experience, skills and education.
We strive to maintain a safe, homelike environment as a cooperative team bonded in mutual respect and support.
We treasure the high esteem the Kingston community has for the Sisters and their ministries and we commit ourselves to maintain this reputation with pride.
History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston’s high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
What We Offer:
- High ratio of staff to residents/Sisters
- 12-hour shifts that promote work/life balance
- Working to full scope of practice
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- Free parking
- Provide holistic care to all Sisters residing in the Providence Motherhouse under the direction of the Director of Care
- Develop and implement individualized Care Plans for all of the Sisters currently receiving nursing care
- Participate in Care Conferences with the Sisters, their advocates, Sister Coordinator, Director of Care, and other members of the care team
- Administer medications, as prescribed, and ensure medication schedules are adhered to
- Current registration with no restrictions from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- One year of professional nursing experience; Geriatric and/or rehabilitation setting preferred; Palliative care experience an asset but not required
- Ability to support positive team building by collaborating with co-workers and using effective communication skills to promote positive working relationships and active problem solving within the care team
- Demonstrated ability to complete all tasks related to the safe and accurate administration and delivery of medications and treatments to Sisters while maintaining complete and accurate applicable documentation
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Proof of COVID Enhanced Vaccination, including any booster doses(s)
- Vulnerable Sector Check, level 3 (copies will not be accepted)
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation
- Ability to work well as a part of a team, and lead the team when directed to do so by the Director of Care
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution within the nursing team
- Possesses an interest in learning and developing new skills and nursing techniques
- Availability to work all shifts as posted
- Satisfactory References
- Physically able to perform assigned duties
- Other related duties as assigned
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (PDF format) to HR@providence.ca and indicate ‘Registered Practical Nurse’ – Ref. ID: 2023-22.2 in the subject line.
Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.