Sisters of Providence of St Vincent de Paul Motherhouse
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position Title: Registered Practical Nurse
Job Type: Temporary Full-time, up to 12 months (1.0 FTE)
Work schedule: 12-hour shifts, weekdays/weekends
Available Positions: 1
Union/Bargaining Unit: LiUNA 3000
The Registered Practical Nurse provides holistic care to all Sisters residing in the Providence Motherhouse under the direction of the Director of Care, acting as a team leader within an interdisciplinary team according to the Standards of Practices of the College of Nurses of Ontario. Providence Motherhouse is a faith-based work environment owned and operated by the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul. Respect for and the ability to work within this environment is essential.
Education & Experience: Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participate in Care Conferences with the Sisters, their advocates, Sister Coordinator, Director of Care, and other members of the care team.
- Be actively involved in developing and implementing individualized Care Plans for all of the Sisters currently receiving nursing care.
- Ability to support positive team building by collaborating with co-workers and using effective communication skills to promote positive working relationships and active problem solving within the care team.
- Demonstrated ability to complete all tasks related to the safe and accurate administration and delivery of medications and treatments to Sisters while maintaining complete and accurate applicable documentation.
- Current registration with no restrictions from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- One year of professional nursing experience within a Geriatric or Rehabilitation setting preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid.
- Proof of COVID Enhanced Vaccination, including any booster doses(s).
- Vulnerable Sector Check, level 3. Copies will not be accepted.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team, and lead the team when directed to do so by the Director of Care.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution within the nursing team.
- Possesses an interest in learning and developing new skills and nursing techniques.
- Availability to work all shifts as posted
- Satisfactory References.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary: $ 28.69 – 32.50/hour (2023)
Qualified applicants are asked to email a resume and cover letter to HR@providence.ca quoting ‘Registered Practical Nurse’ – Ref. ID: 2023-15 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.