Printing Room Museum
The Printing Room was in operation for over 90 years. Come and see the original presses and equipment at the Printing Room Museum.
The Printing Room Museum is located on the ground floor of Our Mother of Sorrows Chapel at Providence Manor . The printing room operated from 1897 until 1989. After it closed, the printing room remained as it was, forming a time capsule, until it was restored and reopened as a museum in 1999. Over the course of its history the printing room produced two magazines, congregational materials, and commercial work such as dental charts, business cards, invitations, etc.
The Printing Room Museum is open to the general public by appointment only. Contact the Archivist to arrange a tour: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-544-4525 ext. 147
- History of the Printing Room
The Sisters of Providence opened the printing room in 1897 and continued to own and operate it until 1989.
- The Guardian Magazine
The Guardian was a children's magazine published monthly by the Sisters of Providence from 1916 to the late 1950s. The Guardian was distributed widely in schools throughout the Archdiocese of Kingston and beyond.
Enjoy photographs of the Printing Room including a few archival photographs of the Printing Room in operation.