Sister was the second senior member of the Community, and had been in failing health for some years. She had become quite childlike toward the end and inclined to wander about the halls if not watched, when out of her room.
In 1882 she entered the Novitiate of the Sisters of Providence, Kingston, her native city. She was admitted to her religious profession in 1884, and in the years following, the missions which bore witness to the scene of her labours were: St. Vincent de Paul Hospital, Brockville, St. Francis Hospital, Smiths Falls and Belleville. She was Local Superior at one time of St. Michael’s Convent, Belleville.
Most of her religious life however, was devoted to the care of the sick and aged poor, in quiet unobtrusiveness and with the utmost charity and kindness to all.