Integrity of Creation and Climate Change
- Jeremy Milloy
- 613-544-4525 ext. 144
Integrity of creation signals the life we share jointly with all creatures within our earth community.
The Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation Centre responds to the planet’s “complex crisis which is both social and environmental. Everything is connected to everything else.” (Pope Francis II)
With this in mind, we work for climate justice in our community, and at the municipal, provincial, and federal levels.
Our current work for climate justice includes:
- working to ensure the reduction of emissions locally and accelerating a transition away from an exploitative fossil fuel economy to a fair and humane green economy
- advancing a green transition that not only safeguards our earth, but provides for an equitable, caring society and economy that pays “renewed attention to reality and the limits it imposes”
- working with local climate groups including 350 Kingston, Queen’s Backing Action on Climate Change, the Kingston Climate Hub, the Anglican Green Group, PSAC 901 and LeafKingston
- supporting adaptation to a changing climate that serves the health, safety, and dignity of everyone in the region
- engaging with Kingston’s citizens to collectively respond to the climate crisis with courage and dignity