I am sure you will be surprised to know that I have not heard from Mgr. O’Bryan.
The object of the Commission was to ascertain in presence of witnesses the number of Sisters who wished to remain in the Diocese of Springfield and those who wished to return to the Mother House without the least reference to any Sister at present in Kingston. This much I have gleaned with difficulty as the Sisters are bound to secrecy.
Had a thunderbolt fallen at my feet, I would not have been more surprised than to hear that Sr. M. of Providence received Holy Communion on Sunday and Monday.
Where has this permission come from? All seem to think that our chances are gone and that only a short time will elapse ere the final word comes. If this should happen, I am anxious to be prepared and what will I do? Will I leave here with the others and depend on after arrangements about our finances or should I try to hold on until a settlement is offered?
Another question and I hope not to be obliged to give Your Grace further trouble, Sr. M. of the Seven Dolors has besieged me with letters since I came to Holyoke, asking to be allowed to join her Sister, Sr. M. of Providence, and as she is a most troublesome subject, the Kingston Community would be well rid of her. All we want is Your Grace’s permission and she could be held ready to transfer her as soon as the news is received that a Separation is granted.